Thursday, May 19, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hello cyber-friends!

Welcome to Urban Missionary!

Before heading off to Japan in January this year, many people asked me whether I would be keeping a blog.  Usually, I am very resistant to the written form (people who know me well will say I am much more of a talker than a writer...!).

However, upon reflecting on what has been happening here in Sapporo over the past several months, I felt it was important for me to start this blog...not only to update you on what is happening here in Japan and to perhaps even encourage you in your own walk with God, but also for me to reflect further on my time so far in Japan (and as it continues into the future).

Hence the creation of this blog. 

It will provide information regarding the planting of a modern, relevant and fun church here in Sapporo, Japan.  It will express the thoughts and feelings of an Australian twenty-something male, with no previous ministry experience, as he goes about doing missions in the nation with the largest single unreached people group in the world.  And it will hopefully encourage you, the reader, to engage further in what is popularly known as "the Great Commission"...namely, to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19)...whether that occurs "down the road or around the world".

But I don't want this blog to just be a 'one-way street'...I also want it to be an opportunity for you to share your thoughts and feelings regarding missions.  Perhaps I and other readers will be encouraged by your experiences ("that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith" (Romans 1:12)).  In that respect, if you have any friends who you feel will be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to share it with them also.

Here we go....!

Urban Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment